Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl? No, Super EXCITED!

While watching the Super Bowl today, all I could think of was the fact that I leave for NZ two weeks from today.

LEAVE. THE. COUNTRY.

I will be on a plane ready to fly over the pacific exactly 2 weeks from today. Exactly 336 hours from right this moment.

I will be fulfilling a childhood dream when I board that airplane, and I definitely don't deserve it. In my short life I have already fulfilled some of my dreams, and completed things that are other people's childhood dreams I'm sure such as traveling to the continent of Africa, going on safari in Kenya, skydiving, graduating from high school and college, etc.

So why me? Why do I get to run off and do something that I have longed for? All I know is that I have this opportunity and I will make the absolute best of it.

The wise words of Bilbo: “It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

1 comment: