Friday, January 7, 2011

A new venture

My goal is to write at least once a week, resulting in 52 blog entries at the end of the year, hopefully more.
I had been contemplating something new to do in this new year, and I wanted something more challenging, something that would stretch me. I often write in my journal and never share it, so this is a chance for me to have a new level of vulnerability with my writing.

I started this blog also because I am looking ahead to more than a year from now. I will be studying in Wellington, New Zealand (hopefully, because nothing is set in stone as of yet). I thought that writing in a blog for an entire year would get me entirely into the habit, so that when I study abroad, I would be able to efficiently and easily pass on my travel experiences to my friends and family. There’s nothing worse than a friend having an awesomely amazing time somewhere else in the world and not relating all the fun to you. Well there are many worse things than that, but as I am stuck here in Minneapolis for awhile, I always need a little escapism which is thankfully provided by my world traveling friends and their frequently updated blogs.

I hope to post inspiring things, interesting things, the small adventures of the day. Anything that strikes my fancy. I am just figuring this out as I go. And what is a blog post without a picture?

I wish I was back on Diamond Head Crater in Honolulu...

No comments:

Post a Comment